Monday, July 27, 2009

July 24th: HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT

Talk about a slow ride....... 11.9 miles into oberlin and we just dragged like we haven't dragged before. The heat was killing me.. we stopped at an A&W for some food, had the best root beer float ever. for our next stop i had a TIDAL WAVE.. a 44oz sprite. From that point on was the easiest 41 miles i've ever ridden... pretty much cruised at 20mph all the way to st. francis KS.. the craziest thing happened though, i farted NONSTOP the whole way, i blame it on the 44oz tidal wave.

chad being voyeuristic



these folks (young couple, probably our age) had all sorts of animals... the geese vs dogs went on until sunset..

at A&W, chad decides it's so hot he needs a whole gallon of water for the next 30 or so miles..


i was upset for the natives when i read this.. yeah, poor settlers who were "slaughtered" but nothing about the complete eradication of a culture.. i call BS on that.


So we were at this gas station for our last stop... cole is out looking for this outdoor shower a guy told him about, i'm on bike watch when this total burnout walks by and sits down next to me. she's smoking a butt so i already want punch her in the face for making me smell the terrible 2nd hand smoke. thankfully the cig was on its last pull and she finished. this girl is clearly a burnout townie, judging by her looks she was in her mid to late 20's, but who knows. so she sits down next to me and starts talking and i realize she is baked out of her mind.. her shirt is way too large for her so her bra is popping out and she smells funky. so she's asking me what we're doing and i tell her, yadda yadda.. nothing special, i just want her to leave, but i'm alone at the moment so i'll entertain myself at her expense. then she did something that made me want to throw up, she touched my leg. my natural reaction was to just make this face as if someone rubbed feces all over me. i think that did the trick because she retracted her hand..

she continues to ask me if i smoked, i said no because it's disgusting and terrible for you. she then asks me if i smoke pot, also i said no..

at this point i'm done her entertainment value is next to zero and cole starts to walk back. i tell her to ask him, maybe he does and maybe he'll use her shower (she offered her shower at her home). i'm desperately hoping that i can pawn her off to cole.. he returns and she lights up again.. i now want to slap her across the head.. i tell this girl i'm cycling across the country to promote healthy living and healthy eating and she lights up in front of me.. i literally turn my back to her and write in my journal..

here is the exact writings from my journal: "This baked chick came over and is smoking a cigarette and it's nasty. she touched me leg. so gross. she offered me a shower at her place. OMG this girl offends me" i'm surprised i didn't mention that she was a complete waste of space on this planet... i really should have taken a photograph of her..

but that's enough about her.... later on that night we're at the farm, the weather is amazing. the guy says no rain for the night so we pitch our tents without the fly... then the wind picks up and we scramble.. well, here is the video.. wind is so strong my tent poles SNAP!..... cole almost gets picked up..

while cole, myself and clay (the owner of the house) move my tent to the horse barn we instruct chad to stay in the tent so it doesn't fly away.. he is spread eagle in the tent and says the wind was so hard the tent was flat on top of him.. his exact thoughts were (from chad) : "well, if i'm going to die getting swept up by a tornado would definitely be on the top of my list, you'll just pick me up in nebraska or something tomorrow"...





parents: DO NOT WORRY, we got safely into the horse barn and slept safely and well... i think the funniest part of the night was when i called chad out to help me put the footprint on.. i was yelling instructions but i forgot he has clawhand and was just terrible at putting the footprint on.. i couldn't stop laughing in the middle of a windstorm.. i decided he was useless at helping and ordered him back into the tent so it wouldn't fly away.. he thought it was the best thing ever.. until we left him there alone.. ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment